‘Armistice Poppies’, new version

I’ve used brighter reds this time, Cadmium Red, not much Alizarin Crimson and brighter yellows, Cadmium Yellow and Quinacridone Gold. I made my green using French Ultramarine and Aureolin Yellow and dropped in extra blue here and there. It has been really interesting to revisit a painting and use different colours. One can never recreate the effects of very loose watercolour, which is part of the fascination that I have with this medium. I’m looking forward to some ‘studio time’ after Christmas to see what I can do with acrylics.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s